Throughout the 2010 update process, additional emerging topics were suggested by stakeholders and reviewers as being relevant to stroke care and within the scope of the document. Where the evidence did not meet the criteria for inclusion, these topics have been noted and will be considered as part of the 2012 update, using the same comprehensive review that is undertaken for all updates.
Topics under consideration for 2012 include:
- Sleep apnea following stroke
- Management of seizures in patients with stroke
- Vocational rehabilitation for patients with stroke
- Driving for patients following stroke
- New and emerging pharmacotherapies and treatment technologies
- Development of best practice recommendations for other components of the continuum of stroke care, such as long-term care